Many digital marketers think that managing the PPC monthly budget is just an administrative task with little impact on results. But nothing could be further from the truth as it can have a real impact on campaign performance.
We introduced budget based bidding as a feature in ClickSweeper 9 years ago and since then have introduced four additional bidding options; ROI, Analytics, Conversion and Rank. What we have learned by analyzing the results of these various bidding options is that budget based bidding is the most secure and efficient as well as having the greatest utility as the rules in budget based bidding apply to almost every scenario and account.
Why is budget based bidding so effective?
We see two key factors that put budget based bidding on top. First, cost per click is most economical when ad spending is spread evenly over the campaign’s uptime. Second, account performance is optimized when a higher percentage of the ad budget is spent on campaigns with higher search volume and clicks.
If cost per click is most economical when ad spending is spread evenly over campaign uptime, keyword bidding must be optimized based on daily and monthly budget and adjusted as changes are made to the budget (budget management tool). The best performance will be achieved when keyword bidding is updated and optimized to reflect budget changes and spread over maximum daily and monthly campaign uptime.
If account performance is optimized when ad budget is focused on the highest performing campaigns, daily campaign spending goals must be optimized so that they are updated daily based on the remaining monthly budget. The best performance will be achieved when the budget is redistributed from campaigns with lower search and click volume to those with the highest volume.
While the concept of combining budget management with budget based bidding is simple, no PPC bidding tool vendor offers a monthly budget management feature along with budget based bidding, until now.
The power of ClickSweeper’s budget management and budget based bidding
- All budget management activities are automated
- 12 months of budget history automatically saved
- Month to date ad spending tracked and daily spending goal revised to spread the spending evenly
- Campaigns deactivated if monthly budget runs out before the end of month
- Each campaign’s budget based bidding adjusts keyword bid price daily to maximize click count and conversion count with guaranteed minimum visibility
- From keyword level, select keywords and set specific position to achieve maximum visibility
Who can benefit from ClickSweeper’s budget management tool?
- If your account or campaign’s monthly budget isn’t being closely managed
- If your account or campaign’s monthly budget changes frequently
- If the account has many campaigns to manage with monthly spending goal
- If the account prefers automation to manage ad spending and optimize PPC performance
- Product Updates